Mission, Vision & Purpose
Working together to build a bicycle-friendly Florida
FBA was incorporated in 1997 for educational and charitable purposes and is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. All proceeds benefit FBA programs.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION (CH9008) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. http://www.floridaconsumerhelp.com/
Our Mission is to encourage more people to bicycle through education and advocacy.
Our Vision is for bicycling to be safe, accepted and encouraged in Florida.
- To educate cyclists, pedestrians and motorists about safely sharing roadways and paths
- To be a powerful, influential organization that protects and advances the interests of cyclists
- To be a voice for the needs of cyclists
- To encourage the creation of great on-road and off-road places to ride
- To provide a statewide communications network for cyclists
- To encourage more people to bicycle more often
FBA is funded by membership dues, donations, advertising revenue in the quarterly Messenger newsletter, corporate sponsorships, grants and Share the Road specialty license plate proceeds. Funds are used to promote education and advocacy programs and to encourage bicycling as a life long activity. Safety education and awareness programs are directed to cyclists, pedestrians and motorists. Join today online or download the FBA Membership brochure or DONATE!
Your membership makes a difference for all cyclists in Florida!
Annually, we recognize people, communities and agencies around the state for their outstanding contributions to a bicycle friendly Florida. To see our recipients, go here.