FBA Ride Leader / Ride Marshal Program
Whether you are leading a community ride, a club ride or a major charity bicycling event over multiple days, FBA has the cycling education program for you. Our Ride Leader / Ride Marshal training and certification program is modular in approach to allow a Florida bicycle club and FBA member the opportunity to choose the modules that are most relevant for their needs and ride leader development.
The 4-hour certification Workshop includes:
- Bike safety and Florida Bicycle and Pedestrian laws and cyclist rights on the road
- Preparation from bodies to bikes, helmet fitting, and nutrition
- Communication from hand signals to how to give great pre-ride tutorials, on the ride coaching and how to brand your club or organization through cycling professionalism
- Coaching and Mentoring skills to develop stronger, safer cyclist in your club or organization.
- Advanced cycling skills for 17+ mph group rides like paceline etiquette and how to control skill with speed
- Accident and rider down tips and preparation
- Community and family ride leader skills (if applicable)
- On the road (optional) and written test for certification
Take your group riding experience to the next level! For more information and to request a training, please complete our ONLINE REQUEST FORM.
Our next public session in Auburndale/Polk County is scheduled for Saturday, January 12, 2019. Registration is now OPEN. Just use this form:
Did you know RLRM will come to you? For more information and to request a training, please complete our ONLINE REQUEST FORM.
That’s right! You can host a private session with your bike club or organization throughout the year with 12-15 participant minimum. Please contact the RLRM Program Director, Mary Beth Garcia @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.