FBA Ride Leader / Ride Marshal Program
Whether you are leading a community ride, a club ride or a major charity bicycling event over multiple days, FBA has the cycling education program for you. Our Ride Leader / Ride Marshal training and certification program is modular in approach to allow a Florida bicycle club and FBA member the opportunity to choose the modules that are most relevant for their needs and ride leader development.
The 5-hour certification Workshop includes:
- Bike safety and Florida Bicycle and Pedestrian laws and cyclist rights on the road
- Preparation from bodies to bikes, helmet fitting, and nutrition
- Communication from hand signals to how to give great pre-ride tutorials, on the ride coaching and how to brand your club or organization through cycling professionalism
- Coaching and Mentoring skills to develop stronger, safer cyclist in your club or organization.
- Advanced cycling skills for 17+ mph group rides like paceline etiquette and how to control skill with speed
- Accident and rider down tips and preparation
- Community and family ride leader skills (if applicable)
- Written test for certification
Take your group riding experience to the next level! For more information and to request a training, please complete our ONLINE REQUEST FORM.
Please contact the RLRM Program Director, Mary Beth Garcia @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.