Advocacy Advance Workshop: Navigating MAP-21
Advocacy Advance – a partnership between the League of American Bicyclists and the Alliance for Biking & Walking – is facilitating a “Navigating MAP-21” Workshop in Orlando on February 25, 2014. This workshop is being sponsored by the Florida Bicycle Association, with generous support provided by MetroPlan Orlando. This workshop will bring together advocates, agency staff, and elected officials, and is designed to ensure that participants have the knowledge, skills and resources to access un- or under-utilized federal funding sources at the state, regional and local level to build bicycling and walking infrastructure and programs.
With a focus on the federal transportation bill, participants will learn how to maximize funding in the Transportation Alternatives program, and utilize all MAP-21 funding programs for bicycle and pedestrian programs at the state and local levels.
We invite you to register for this free, one-day workshop.
The workshop will be held in the offices of MetroPlan Orlando, 315 East Robinson Street, Suite 355,Orlando, Fl 32801, on February 25, 2014, from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Since there is a fee for parking in the garage adjacent to MetroPlan, workshop attendees are encouraged to utilize transit, ridesharing, bicycling, and walking if at all possible.
Navigating MAP-21 Workshops attendees will:
- Learn how to maximize funding in the Transportation Alternatives program
- Learn how to utilize all MAP-21 funding programs for bike/ped projects at the state and local level
- Learn the key characteristics, requirements, and opportunities of these programs
- Discuss favorable factors for bicycling and walking investments
- Understand the important role of advocates, agency staff, and elected officials in securing this funding
- Share knowledge and experiences in the local context, working together to develop a list of local priorities and strategies for funding bicycle and pedestrian projects and programs
Questions? Please contact Tim Bustos, Executive Director, Florida Bicycle Association; firstname.lastname@example.org; 850.238.5328