Inaugural Ride Leader / Ride Marshal Program Public Certification Session
It’s not too late to register for the upcoming Florida Bicycle Association Ride Leader/Ride Marshal Certification Public session in Polk County, Saturday, June 23, 2018! You asked, and we listened! Several independent cyclists and local bike clubs with limited ride leader populations asked FBA to host a public session certification class. After a year of successful training and promoting the Ride Leader/Ride Marshal Certification program throughout Florida, FBA will be hosting our first Public/General RLRM certification workshop on Saturday, June 23, 2018 at Lake Myrtle Sports Complex, 2701 Lake Myrtle Park Road, Auburndale, FL.
The classroom certification session starts at 12:00 PM and ends 4:00-4:30 PM with an optional pre-session safety ride at 10:00 AM. All interested participants MUST REGISTER in advance HERE.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20!
The 4-hour certification workshop includes:
- Bike safety and Florida bicycle and pedestrian laws and cyclist rights on the road
- Preparation from bodies to bikes, helmet fitting and nutrition
- Communication from hand signals to how to give great pre-ride tutorials, on the ride coaching and how to brand your club or organization through cycling professionalism
- Coaching and mentoring skills to develop stronger, safer cyclists in your club or organization.
- Advanced cycling skills for 17+ mph group rides like paceline etiquette and how to control skill with speed
- Accident and rider down tips and preparation
- Community and family ride leader skills (if applicable)
- On the road (optional) and written test for certification
- FBA members: $15.00 per registrant
- Non-FBA members: $30.00 per registrant*
*FBA individual Membership is $25.00 per year
Bike helmets are required for all participants. For more information please contact Mary Beth Garcia, Ride Leader/Ride Marshal Program Manager, at MaryBeth@floridabicycle.org or 305-389-5156.
Reminder: FBA offers private workshops for your club or organization at your location as well. If that works better for your club or charitable organization, we can personalize the training to your specific ride leader needs and challenges. Please contact us for more information on how we can certify your club or organization ride leaders.